Monday, March 29, 2010

Why does technology hate me?

Today's post is going to be late. I have a couple dishes lined up to post but it seems Blogger doesn't want to cooperate. I can't post any images and frankly, this blog isn't the same without pictures.

Besides, I seem to have a crisis on my hands. One that goes far beyond not being able to upload photos...

While crafting my post for the 'You might be in Paris' tart I noticed that all of my Paris photos were gone. In fact, all my travel photos are nowhere to be found! Apparently, my external back-up hard drive is having some issues.

No worries, I've got a second external backup drive... which I plugged and it started making these ghastly noises. Ever given a cat a bath? Yea, it sounds like that.

Now, I'm not a trained computer technician, but I reckon that's bad.

You know what the most annoying part of this is? One of these drives is brand new because a previous back-up hard drive also imploded a few weeks back.

Why does technology hate me?! WHY?!

I'm going to go cut myself a big fat slice of my Paris-tart and try to figure out how I'm going to resurrect one of these drives.

13 comments:

  1. FWIW, Google just announced that Blogger/Blogspot is having image issues, so that part of it isn't you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are having trouble, but I'm glad it's not just me! I was wondering why all the pics on my site were kind of not there today. I'm glad the problem is on Bloggers' end and not mine. :) I'm sure they will have it up and working again "soon". ;) Good luck with your pics! I hope you can recover them!

    Jennie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband works on computers and he sometimes puts the hard drives in the freezer for a couple of hours. i dont know why...but he does, and it has been known to work! try googling that and see if that might help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say, not you. It is blogger. Everyone is having the issue. Can't wait to see your posts when Blogger starts cooperating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going through the same issues and today is my blogiversary!!!! :( I also spent hours updating my blog with a new, fancy header, and now all my work is gone (for now). I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto for me, previously posted photos aren't showing up, and I'm unable to post new ones. Takes the wind of our your sails for sure!
    http://www.HeatherEve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. kick it a couple of times...it seems to help my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry things aren't going well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the engineers in my family are strong believers in percussive maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm sorry. go listen to some music and cuddle your brand new copper bowl. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. If only my hard drive was a NES, then yes, smacking it would probably do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're not the only one - all technological devices I purchase (thumb drives, calculators, external hard drives, etc.) die much sooner and in inexplicable ways. If someone else buys it for me, it tends to have a bit of a personality, but it still works. This is 100% true across the board. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails