Saturday, February 6, 2010

Big Mac(arons)



Pure Saturday morning silliness!

Big Macs! Macaron style (Please don't sue me, McDonald's!)

I came up with this idea last night, after Not So Humble Reader Cara Mia commented that my macarons looked just like a cheeseburger t-shirt print. I almost couldn't sleep I was so excited about making cheeseburger macarons.

That's the sign of true food blogger madness, right? It has been a steady decent into foodie loony-land since I started this blog. A few weeks ago I stumbled across a 20lb bag of arborio rice for $12 and I grabbed one and ran to the cash register, cackling with glee.

Yes, cackling.

It is the Food Blogger Madness, I tell you!

So the Big Mac(arons), let me give you a quick rundown as to how they were made...



They are just my ordinary Italian meringue shells, sprinkled with a few sesame seeds. Marzipan cheese, rolled and cut from a mixture of almond paste, powdered sugar and egg-yellow food gel. Beef patty made from dark chocolate ganache (photographed before it had a chance to set). Coconut lettuce whipped up from a little sweetened flaked coconut and electric-green food coloring gel.

The result: totally silly.

Just the way I like things.

The flavor... Well the mixture of coconut, chocolate, almond, and toasted sesame is a little odd. However, the taste is made up for in pure amusement.

Enjoy!

38 comments:

  1. You're a genius at this stuff. I just love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gawd I'm in love with these!

    I identify with the blogging madness, I don't even food blog and yet if I come up with a good idea I actuallyw rite memos on my phone cos I know I'll forget....then I look forward to blogging all day.

    Such a gimp! I'm glad I'm not the only one lolz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed a Saturday morning laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I spent a few seconds trying to figure out the cheese & lettuce before scrolling down to read the ingredients. Coconut--genius!

    To answer your question, yes, that is a sign of food-blogger madness. But, we already knew that about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative. I love visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, those are AWESOME!! Love it :) So creative of you :) Now we just need to find a worthy macaron contest for you... You would def. win :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baaaarilliant. Thank you for sending the link! I posted at ediblecrafts.craftgossip in record time. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (oops, that's ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unlike those vile little meat frisbees at McD's, I would glagly stuff these down :) Genius, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL you are a crazy woman!!! But they are adorable!!
    P.S: I totally get the arborio rice on sale thing...LOL.. such dorks we food bloggers are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I am continually amazed at the incredible work you do. It's truly outstanding.

    http://reneetbouchard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! My first time here and I love your blog! :) This is just absolutely amazing! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it! This is so cute! Great idea, you're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love food play... your cookies are really a wonderful thing.... made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very, very cute.

    I get the same reaction whenever I make macarons, but I would have never thought of this. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! I love them! Food rarely makes me giggle - this definitely does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are adorable! If you look at Chicago restaurant moto - they had a dessert that was just like this :) Awesome. I'm in love

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is pure genius - made me smile. Fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are my favourite! Tartelette's don't have burgers in them...

    ReplyDelete
  20. so cute! I saw a recipe for these in one of my cookbooks but yours look way cuter with the added cheese and lettuce! nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! How creative you are!! I saw this on Foodgawker and couldn't help but smile- SO freaking cute!!

    -Amy
    www.singforyoursupperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. AHHH...I'M IN LOVE! Fun food is the best!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. waouu congratulations
    Nice work, J'adoore ^^

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are extraordinary & totally inspirational! I almost fell off my chair when I saw them at FG! One day I shall grow feet like yours, and then venture further. Thank you for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Found these thru someone else who saw them on FG. You must join us at MacTweets (http://mactweets.blogspot.com)!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love these! will make a batch for the 3rd graders!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails