Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Art of Patience


I know what everyone is thinking: Ms. Humble, due to being in her final month of pregnancy, is taking it easy with the baking and blogging. Actually, this isn't quite the case.

I've been engaged in some serious marathon baking and research trying to perfect a single dessert that has thwarted multiple generations of Humbles. This dessert is my ultimate baking nemesis (cue dramatic music here).

I've put weeks of work into this post. Including O-Chem level break downs and silly illustrations (like the confusing little doodle above) and of course, lots and lots of taste tests. 

Note to Ms. Humble's OB: If my gestational blood sugar is shot, well this is why.

The end is in sight though, so bear with me. I have two weeks (from Monday, woohoo!) before this baby is here and I'm going to finish my last few rounds of baking and photographing. 

Patience, I will update the blog soon! Who knows, it could be my magnum opus....

11 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see the results of all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O-chem?! Awesome. And is that a lemon? And a Marshmallow? And Fire? Oh good lord..now you have me on the edge of my seat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Your next assignment, Ms. Humble, if you are willing to accept it, is to perfect and transmit a recipe successful at home for making good bagels without going nuts, or ending up with light brown hockey pucks....This tape will self-destruct in five seconds...." (grin! All my best for the coming Big Event!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I can't wait to know what it is!
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! This sort of thing really does great justice to food blogging - the willingness to actually try something multiple ways, and also figuring out a recipe's key challenges. Look forward to seeing what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you conquer it the way I never conquered ochem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't be the magnum opus, because you would NEVER let us down afterwards, right?

    Best of health for these last two weeks and delivery. May your nights be tranquil (storing up sleep) and your days be peaceful. And may the soon-to-be-not-the-littlest-humble fill you with big smiles.

    Oh my -- my word verification is WINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, can't wait! For the baby AND a new post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a feeling I might know what this is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have absolutely no idea what Lady Humble could be working on - Mr. P, you should let us in on what you're thinking.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails