Friday, January 8, 2010
No cooking related posts today. Apparently I still have a life outside of blogging. I ran errands and caught up with my brother-in-law and his wife over all-you-can-eat pancakes. I max out at two plates of pancakes and really need to work on my pancake scarfing skills. Does Kobayashi run a training camp for that? I want to learn how to get my $6.99 worth!
Anyway, then I got home and the Little Humble and I took a nap, which is what one needs to do after spending two and a half hours at an all-you-can-eat pancake house.
Naps and pancakes, that's a good day.
Speaking of good, I was the recipient of the Sugar Doll Blog Award this week via Fuzzykoala's Caketastic Adventures. Apparently with this award I am required to share ten things about myself and then pass the award along to ten other bloggers... who will then buy into my multilevel marketing scheme, sell my health supplements and make me...er themselves rich recruiting friends and family. Or something like that.
Okay, so 10 things about Ms. Humble:
1. I am 29 going on 30 and everyone around me is gleefully counting down the days.
2. I break laptops just by looking at them, yet have the miraculous ability to revive any and all electronics I run through the washer or my daughter happens to throw in the tub/toilet.
3. Yes, my Blackberry phone has been in the toilet. Would you like to hold it?
4. My favorite things are to do are cooking, traveling and hiking.
5. I spent my honeymoon hiking all over the Swiss Alps with Mr Humble (who else) and we conquered several peaks. No, that wasn't an innuendo.
6. I took a trip around the world at the age of 24
7. By the age of 34 I will likely have paid that trip off
8. I've eaten bugs (intentionally) and liked them.
9. Yet I hate strawberries and watermelon. Weird, I know, for any self proclaimed foodie. I think I have a genetic defect that makes the smell of those fruits incredibly sticky-sweet and repulsive to me.
10. Lastly, I tend to amuse myself far more than I amuse anyone else.
My ten chain-letter style picks for this award? Let's see... let's see...
I'm going to go with the following folks because I love their blogs, their comments, or both:
1. Heidi Bakes
2.Bake Off Flunkie
6.Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl
10.The Contradictory Cat